- 1 National Goals & Bonus Income
- 1.1 Allied Victory Areas
- 1.2 Axis Control Objectives
- 1.3 The Axis Powers
- 1.4 The Allies
National Goals & Bonus Income
Hey there! Let’s talk about the goals we have in the game and how they can help us earn some extra income.
See, every power in the game has its own unique goals that are related to history. Our main goal is to occupy important cities, but there’s more to it!
When we achieve these goals, we get a special bonus income. Pretty cool, right?
For example, the United States and the United Kingdom share a common goal of securing the total and unconditional surrender of the Axis powers. The Soviet Union also had this goal but they also wanted to spread communism worldwide.
It’s important to note that once we achieve our national goals, we receive a bonus amount of income every turn. Nice little reward for a job well done!
I want to share with you the national objectives for each power in the game. These objectives provide a bonus of 5 IPC (Industrial Production Certificates) for each power. They are listed on the back of each nation’s setup table.
Let’s start with the Axis powers:
– Capture Paris: If Germany takes control of Paris, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Southern France: If Germany controls Southern France, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Egypt: If Germany controls Egypt, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Caucasus: If Germany controls Caucasus, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Russia: If Germany controls any Russian territory at the end of their turn, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control all Chinese territories: If Japan controls all Chinese territories, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control all Pacific Islands: If Japan controls all Pacific Islands, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control 6 Victory Cities: If Japan controls 6 out of the 8 victory cities listed in the rulebook, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Philippines: If Japan controls the Philippines, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control India: If Japan controls India, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Western Europe: If Italy controls Western Europe, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Egypt: If Italy controls Egypt, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Iraq: If Italy controls Iraq, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control East Indies: If Italy controls East Indies, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
– Control Libya: If Italy controls Libya, they receive a 5 IPC bonus.
These are the national objectives for the Axis powers in the game. Achieving these objectives will give each power a 5 IPC bonus, providing you with additional resources to help you in your strategic goals. You can refer to the setup tables for each nation to find these objectives. Good luck!
When I consider Germany in the context of history, a certain term often comes to mind: “Lebensraum.” Have you ever heard of it? This German word, meaning “living space,” was used during World War II to justify the expansion of German territories. It reflected a belief that Germany needed more land to support its growing population and secure its economic and political power.
But let’s look beyond the historical context for a moment. The concept of “Lebensraum” raises interesting questions about the balance between human needs and the impact on the environment.
Imagine this: You find yourself standing in a beautiful, lush forest, surrounded by towering trees and vibrant wildlife. It’s an awe-inspiring sight, isn’t it? Now, think about how easy it would be for a wave of human settlement to sweep through this landscape, destroying the natural beauty in its wake. It’s a tough decision to make, isn’t it? Progress or preservation?
As humans, our desire for growth and development often clashes with our responsibility as caretakers of the Earth. In our pursuit of better lives, we need to consider the consequences of our actions. Every choice we make has an impact – a ripple effect that can be felt far beyond ourselves.
When we talk about “Lebensraum,” we’re delving into the complexity of this issue. It challenges us to question how much space we truly need, how our decisions affect the environment, and what legacy we want to leave for future generations.
So, here’s a thought: What if we reimagined “Lebensraum” not as a territorial expansion, but as a call to cultivate and nurture the land we already have? What if we focused on sustainable practices that can support both human needs and the well-being of the planet?
By embracing this mindset, we can create a world where progress and preservation go hand in hand. We can find innovative ways to meet our needs without compromising the harmony of nature. It’s a path towards a more balanced existence – one that respects the interconnectedness of all living things.
So, the next time you hear the term “Lebensraum,” I urge you to think beyond its historical connotations. Explore the deeper meaning it holds for our present and future. Consider the choices you make and the impact they have on the world around you. Let’s strive for a “Lebensraum” that elevates us all.
Hey there! Let’s talk about Axis Control Objectives in the game. There are a few areas that the Axis needs to control to win. Let’s dive in!
Allied Victory Areas
The Axis must control the following areas:
- Northwest Europe
- Czechoslovakia / Hungary
- Bulgaria / Romania
That’s a lot of ground to cover, right?
Axis Control Objectives
On top of the Allied victory areas, the Axis needs to control a few more areas to secure their victory. Check it out:
- The Axis must control at least 3 of the following areas:
- The Baltic States
- Eastern Poland
- Eastern Ukraine
- The Axis must control at least one of the following areas:
- The Caucasus
Now you have a better understanding of the Axis control objectives in the game. Good luck strategizing, and may victory be yours!
Japan: “The Greater East Asia Prosperity State”
Hey there! Let’s talk about the Axis powers and the Allies in World War II. I know it can be a bit confusing, but I’ll break it down for you.
The Axis Powers
Germany was a major player in the Axis powers. They wanted to control many areas in Europe and Asia. Here are some important things to know:
- The Axis must control the following areas: Manchuria, Kiangsu, French Indochina/Thailand.
- The Axis should control at least 4 of these areas: Kwangtung, India, Borneo, Philippines, New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands.
- The Axis must control at least one of these areas: Hawaii, Australia, India.
Italy: “Mare Nostrum”
Italy was also part of the Axis powers. They wanted to expand their control in Europe and North Africa. Here are the details:
- The Axis must control the following areas: Italy, the Balkans, Morocco/Algeria, Libya, and there should be no enemy surface warships in sea zones 13, 14, and 15.
- The Axis should control at least 3 of these areas: Egypt, Trans-Jordan, France, Gibraltar.
United States: “The Arsenal of Democracy”
America is often referred to as “The Arsenal of Democracy,” a nickname that highlights the crucial role it played during World War II. It’s fascinating to think that a country could transform itself from a neutral observer to a global powerhouse in such a short time.
During the early stages of the war, America faced a difficult decision. Should it remain on the sidelines, or should it step in to support its allies? Ultimately, the United States chose the latter, recognizing the importance of standing up for what is right.
I find it remarkable how quickly America adapted to its new role. Factories that once produced everyday items like cars and appliances were now churning out tanks and planes. The American people rallied together, determined to contribute to the war effort in any way they could.
This massive transformation didn’t happen by accident. It required meticulous planning and coordination. The government played a crucial role in mobilizing the country’s resources and ensuring that the necessary materials were available for production. The American people, too, showed incredible resilience and dedication.
It’s important to remember that this transformation came at a significant cost. Many American lives were lost in the fight against tyranny. Families were torn apart, and communities were forever changed. However, the sacrifices made during this time were not in vain. They helped to bring peace and freedom to millions around the world.
Reflecting on this chapter in American history, I can’t help but feel a sense of awe. It serves as a reminder of the determination and resilience of the American people. It shows what can be achieved when we come together for a common cause.
So, the next time you hear the phrase “The Arsenal of Democracy,” remember the sacrifices that were made and the incredible transformation that took place. It’s a testament to the spirit of the American people and a reminder of what can be accomplished when we set our minds to it.
I have a list of requirements that the Allies must fulfill in order to achieve victory. Let’s go through them together:
1. The Allies have to control three specific areas in the United States, which are the Western, Central, and Eastern regions.
2. It is essential for the Allies to have control over the Philippine islands.
3. France must be under the control of the Allies.
4. In addition to the previous locations, the Allies are also required to have control over at least three of the following territories: Midway, Wake Island, Hawaiian Islands, and Solomon Islands.
These objectives are crucial for the Allies to secure victory. By fulfilling them, they will be one step closer to achieving their goals.
- To win as the Allies, you have to control the following areas: East Canada, West Canada, Gibraltar, Egypt, Australia, and the Union of South Africa.
- The Allies must control an area that was originally under Japanese control.
- The Allies have to control at least one of the following areas: France or the Balkans.
The Soviet Union: “The Great Patriotic War”
- To win as the Soviet Union, you have to control at least 3 of the following areas: Norway, Finland, Poland, Bulgaria/Romania, Czechoslovakia/Hungary, or the Balkans.
- No Allied troops should be present in an area originally controlled by the Soviet Union.